Tuesday 18 August 2015

My Poetry: Bus Ride into Town

A woman with a pram,
High street bags by her feet
Watches her daughter sleeping.

An old man sways, hanging off a rail
Each bump drawing a grimace
On his wizened face.

A blonde with red lipstick
Flashes a cheap diamond finger
From the latest unsuitable suitor.

A fella with a swan nesting
On manual labour hands
Sits so I can smell his lifestyle.

A hipster beanie, embarks
He's taking his moustache on a date,
To a trend bar full of clones.

A couple sit in silence
They shall be loyal untill death
Robs the other of a friend.

I skinhead, with Wu Tang tattoo,
Waits to get off with teen girl,
Her smile suggests he's not the first.

A woman in jeggings sits
Her frozen fast food belly
Hanging over her crutch.

A grey frizzy bob sits
Tapping a phone, either texting
Reading or surfing Tinder, I suppose.

I notice a black bow in electric blue hair
I want to know her name
And what her pin badge means.

But then there's a ring,
"The next stop is Churchill Square"

And i leave my daydreaming behind.

1 comment:

  1. so many unsuitable suitors you'd think Moss Bros would have a section....

    ReplyDelete