Friday 11 November 2016

My Poetry: Rush Hour Crush


Starved of kindness
We turn a smile
Into a fantasy
As we fill the minutes
On the rush hour commute,
A shared cookie becomes
The plot to a Renee Zellweger movie,
The packed carriage
The setting for a story
To melt hearts at our wedding.

“In a city of millions
Where is my Mr Wright
Perhaps its you?
Tall guy with the coffee
And a cute toosh
On the 6:40 District line
Who looks like the hero
From a Holywood blockbuster.
Let me take you out
Where the lightings just right
To hide my wine complexion
Honed from Friday nights
With a glass and my cat D'arcy”

"Perhaps it's destiny
Which brought us here
You dressed for success
Me in the grey suit
Coffee stain on the breast
Where is my Freya?
Could it be you?"

“Petite blond with red lips
And Betty Boo bag
Who smirks each morning
As I flirt behind the Metro
If you're reading
This page fifteen plea
I'm really not creepy,
That's just how I smile.
Drink sometime?”

So why be coy
Say hi, don't just grin
And pretend it's a win
For the shy and the needy.
Start the new-year
With a date, then perhaps
Who knows two more
You could make your way
Into each others head.

No comments:

Post a Comment