Monday 6 February 2017

My POetry: Slower. Happier. Better (Just Say No)

Stood, piss snaking between my shoes
In dark niche, of wheely bin,
Blowing away an old cobweb
Sniffing snow,
From a stranger’s key
When I wonder if its time
To just say No.

23 years of highs and lows,
Chasing hits
In cop soaked streets,
Shady deals in shadier estates,
Rooms stripped bare by seedy habit,
Carpets covered in dirty pins
Bits and bobs of other things,
I wonder if now
I could deal with the hassle.

Petty thefts to pay the man,
Chasing bags and cling-filmed eighths.
I used to think
That this was it
Till I learned to relax,

Swapped the gear for gym wear,
Muscles in places
I used to ache,
Reading books to test the brain
Instead of tomes of abuse and pain.
I wonder if now,
I'm happier with
The pace a little slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment