Saturday 16 March 2013

MyPoetry: A Sunday Stroll With Loneliness

A Sunday Stroll With Loneliness


I’m hollow
but not hungry
My thirst is quenched
But I’m hollow
So I take a walk
With my thoughts
Along empty streets gilded
By the setting sun
Past privet lined
Identikit bungalows
Of homes
Filled with people
closing their curtains
on their neighbours
tuning in
to a celebrity reality
trading their prol lives
for the life of a modern ceaser
ceasing careers
with a thumb movement
across key-pads.
I’m hollow,
Shadow boxing
With my only friend
A fiend
Walking,
Under stark pink clouds
Cast adrift, aimless
In a sea blue sky
Wondering strange streets
Like a wordless scion
like a G+T hobo
Looking for nourishment.
I watch two young girls
Holding hands
One dressed in flowers
The other
In green
Walk past
And I stop and look up from my dusty shoes
And know the only cure
For these autumn-time blues
Is too forget
To forget the summer
Forget the beauty of the impending winter
Forget Saturday night TV
Forget girls
Forget money
Forget books
Forget, forget, forget…

No comments:

Post a Comment