Wednesday 3 July 2013

My Poetry: I Once Held Your Heart

I Once Held Your Heart


I once held your heart
in my hands,
now all I hold is dust,
and the rusted arrow
from cupids bow.


I once knew my future
in your touch,
now it's apaque,
with broken wails
of visceral woe.
 
                                                                                 I once believed
                                                                                   in our love,
                                                                                   now my eyes well,
                                                                                   and stomach churns
                                                                                   to think of you.

                                                                               I once promised
                                                                                with immortal words
                                                                                 what I thought I knew
                                                                                 but they now lay buried
                                                                                alongside hope.

                                                                               I once held your heart
                                                                               in mine,
                                                                                but its turned to dust,
                                                                                and cupid's rusted arrow
                                                                                  twists my sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment