Saturday 29 June 2013

My Poetry: Take Flight Little Bird

Take Flight Little Bird (let love leave so that one day it may return)


When you call I come;
When you push I go;
When you question
what’s happening between
the moon and the sea
and the rose and the bee
I have no answer,
just this key,
to a cage never locked.
Take it,
escape the emotional prison
you’ve built,
curiosity’s winds call,
take flight,
Little Bird,
on blackened wings
I didn’t mean to clip.

Take flight
Little bird;
to remain caged
is to deny your beauty
so I set you free
to hold
freedom’s magnifying glass
to your days
to better see your morrows…
I cast thee free
because I want you to return,
don’t you see,
to your cage
where your heart
once was,
where thine is now,

But I know
you’re only trapped
when in a place
you don’t want to be
so take flight,
I’ll wait,
drained and stoic,
hushed eyes
trained on the horizon
awaiting your heart’s return
to this cage.
But if you never
return
remember
me
as you soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment