Thursday 27 June 2013

My Poetry: Watching Stars Explode

Watching Stars Explode


Do you remember,
that night,
perched
on an old broken bench
above the town
watching stars explode
across the velvet shroud
cast over our heads
as we held hands,
you moved closer,
for warmth,
do you remember?
as I showed you
Orion's belt
and the Plough
and you showed me
how to kiss
with tongues
until all I knew were cliches;
but your eyes DID
glisten
like a million snow flakes
and your mouth DID
make the world
seem small
and they still do,
they still DO.
                                  

This is the sister poem of "The Cliches I Wrote You" : http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=9205864325932667553#editor/target=post;postID=4287483254283183708;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=3;src=postname

No comments:

Post a Comment