Sunday 2 June 2013

My Poetry: Shadows Growing

Shadows Growing


I don’t feel myself;
Like a ghost lost
in the midst of the days.
Nights waiting
watching,
shadows growing
knowing that soon
they’ll have to
surrender themselves
to the slate sun rays,
just as a wild red rose
to the bee….
silence
buzzes in my ear
as the world sleeps with you…
I don’t feel myself;
adrift, rudderless.
I gave you my years
                                                                               now accept this most
                                                                               beautiful, brutal poetry
                                                                               written in tears
                                                                               which fill the ink well
                                                                               with invisible letters
                                                                               now soaked into this page:
                                                                               they are yours
                                                                               you summoned them
                                                                               they are yours
                                                                               you deserve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment