Thursday 14 February 2013

My Poetry: Because I Love You (Grief's Pyre)

Because I Love You (Grief's Pyre)


My heart burns,
flames rage
stoked with old memories
lighting the night
casting back shadows
as the storm races
across my sea of wilderness.

Because I love you:

Use it,
use the fire in my heart
to guide you home,
when troubles are following you
and even old cures
won’t stem the tide or storm
and there are no arms
to harbour you.

Because I love you:

Know my arms
will always shield you,
protect against that night
and the dark thoughts
that leave you wailing
at the moon,
and your grandmothers curse.

Because I love you:

Use me,
use the fire in my heart
to warm you,
then tell your new cold master
that I did this because
of my love for you,
because my grief’s pyre
could never allow our two ships,
passing, their last rites.

Because I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment