Monday 4 February 2013

My Poetry: Goodbye

Goodbye


I turn the kitchen clock
To face the wall,
I cannot stand its tortuous,
Mocking tricks,
Its hands
Clapping through the seconds
Marking each minute
Since you left.
The wind howls;
I howl.
But it fails to drown
Out the metronomic tick
Of your last words
Which bark,
Like the black wolf
Of loneliness,
which prowls me
As the sun blinks its last for the day.

Huddled in yesterday’s clothes,
I bury my face
Into my hands.
I can still smell your perfume,
Still see your fragile smile,
Twisted
By the pain of goodbye,
Those unholy splintered words.
I feel it to,
Now,
As my mind softens with grief.
Staring at the empty chair,
The space on the floor
Where you bags stood,
An old hair band.
Silent reminders you’ll be back
Again,
Someday.

cromps is online now Add to cromps's Reputation Report Post
Nominate for members choice

No comments:

Post a Comment